Friday, December 16, 2011

Supreme {3D Pizza Cake}


Since I grew up in Chicago, I consider myself a pizza expert... I think almost anyone from Chicago or New York would say the same (I won't play favorites in this blog over which city has the better version... but I will say I can't resist a good slice, regardless of the city it hails from). So, since I'm an "expert" and all, I've been wanting to make a pizza cake for years. I finally got an order for one this weekend, and knew exactly what I wanted to do. My only dilemma - how to do the cheese. I pondered a bunch of different options -- grated chocolate, grated fondant, rolled fondant, pourable frosting -- and ended up using melted white chocolate (drizzled on the top), which turned out great. I imagine all of the little girls at Rachel's party will get a kick out of having pizza for dessert! (Now if only they could figure out how to make a pizza look like a cake... that would be fun!)

No comments:

Post a Comment