Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ringing in the New Year

What better way to ring in the new year than by celebrating a new marriage! Lisa and Jason are getting married today, and will celebrate the beginning of 2012 with 200 of their closest friends and family at their fancy reception tonight (which, by the way, will overlook the Charlotte skyline AND fireworks at midnight) now that's fun! Lisa and I have been chatting about her cake designs since summer, so it's fun for me to finally see the final result all come together.

Four cupcake flavors: walnut studded carrot cake, chocolate peanut butter, vanilla chocolate chip, marshmallow rice krispie (yup, you read correctly, that was Lisa's idea... rice krispie treats shaped and frosted like cupcakes!).


These chocolate peanut butter cupcakes were sprinkled with various sizes of silver dragees, to look a little like champagne bubbles. (In case you were wondering, this design was the beginning of my love for the silver dragee... I ordered 6 lbs of them at a cake show this summer just for this order... now I can't stop using them!)


These were the cute rice krispie treats, frosted with a swirl of buttercream, and sprinkled with clear sanding sugar. (These would be my personal favorite flavor of the evening, considering I could easily polish off an entire pan of rice krispie treats myself!)



The vanilla chocolate chip cupcakes were frosted with buttercream, and decorated with more mini dragees, and a trio of cute black fondant flowers.


And then there's the walnut studded carrot cake cupcakes, frosted with a scrumptious cream cheese buttercream and decorated with a single black fondant flower (side note - have you ever tried cream cheese frosting on a graham cracker - yum!).


And the final display! 200 beautiful cupcakes, and a sweet little bridal cake for the bride and groom to cut into. The fun thing about the cake, it's actually all rice krispies inside, which is Lisa and Jason's fav dessert. Very fun!


This post finishes me off for 2011. It's been a busy but really fun year. To all my clients and friends, thanks so much for all of your creative ideas and inspirations... and Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:47 AM PDT

    Thank you for this post! I'm now inspired to do cupcakes at the end of the year-My fiance & I are thinking about a New Year's wedding! These are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete