Sunday, October 2, 2011

And The Tree Was Happy {"The Giving Tree" Cake with Apple Cake Pops}

My sweet 85 year old grandma came to visit us in Charlotte this week. She's only been here one other time, 9 years ago, for my wedding. When we were talking about her visit and what she wanted to do while she was here, her answer was always, "I just want to watch you." So, she sat and watched!! And it was so fun! She watched the girls at school, she watched us do yard work, she watched us play, and she even watched me make a cake. I've never had such a fun audience! She was amazed at the transformation of cake and sugar and food coloring into this super cute Giving Tree themed cake design. And she even stopped the watching for just a bit, and pitched in to help roll the cake centers and stems for the matching apple shaped cake pops... she did a pretty good job, if I do say so myself!! The final products:



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:18 AM PDT

    Hey, that turned out great!!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete