Friday, September 2, 2011

A Purple Tribute {Purple Cake with Green Flowers}

When I took this order weeks ago (for a cake in shades of purple), I didn't know everything else that would happen this week. On Monday, we said good bye to a sweet friend, Sydney, who's 2 1/2 year battle with brain cancer finally ended. Sydney was many things (too many things to list), but among them she was a lover of all things bright, bold and colorful. She could pull off styles and colors that I'd never even dream of, ever... including a pair of bright purple Puma tennis shoes. I'll remember a lot of things about Sydney, but for some reason, those purple Puma's are top on my list... they were just so "sydney." I loved standing in my kitchen this morning, mixing purple after purple, and remembering my friend, her crazy purple shoes, her smile, her way of listening so intently, and her amazing love for Jesus. Sydney, I'll miss you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment