Friday, May 13, 2011

Hamburger or hotdog?? {3D Grill Cake}

Anyone hungry??

I am totally in love with this cake. I had no idea how I was going to pull it off when I started - which makes it so much more fun when it all comes together in the end. Everything you see is edible - the "burgers" (chocolate cupcakes), the hotdogs (molding chocolate), the lid (rice krispie treats covered in fondant), the WEBER logo (handpainted gumpaste), the grates (fondant), and the charcoal (mini marshmallows rolled in powdered food coloring). The only question remains -- hamburger or hotdog??

3 comments:

  1. You have some mad skills girls! Love it! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EG - thanks - you are too sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. could you tell me how u made the cake itself and like how you got it into the "grill" shape?

    ReplyDelete